The AVRC has now completed more plug-in hybrid conversions than any other organization. We have also completed two ethanol optimization projects and we are now working with NC State University on electric vehicle and hybrid vehicle projects.
Program Management Services
- Project Management - The AVRC successfully completed several projects for the Department of Energy and the Department of Labor. For more information on these projects, visit our Accomplishments.
- Commercialization Services - The AVRC supports applied research and commercialization of proven breakthrough technologies.
- Testing Programs - The AVRC can assist in the assessment, development and implementation of testing programs for suspension, power-train, and energy usage.
Military and Off-Road Testing Site (MORTS)
- The 200+ acre site for testing of military and off-road vehicles is now available as a natural terrain course. Military spec courses (mud, sand, etc.) will be added as requested.
- Garages and offices are available for lease on-site for track users as part of any large testing project.
- AVRC is continuously researching emerging alternative fuel and energy technologies. We are dedicated to thorough research and have the capabilities for extensive research networking.
- Click here to view two technical reports which span our research over several separate areas of work, including (I) ethanol efficiency testing using forced injection to improve internal combustion engine performance and (II) a hydrogen refueling station design and build document to conduct on-going research and long term ethanol alternative fuel research.
Vehicle conversion capabilities
- At our new facility in Danville, Virginia and our current location in Raleigh, North Carolina AVRC has the capability to convert 2004 to 2009 Toyota Priuses from standard hybrid vehicles to PHEV (plug-in hybrid vehicles) using the A123/Hymotion conversion kits.
- We are also able to convert late model Ford Escape Hybrids to PHEV using the conversion kits from Hybrids Plus.
- Vehicle Tracking and Data Collection using V2Green technology.
- Onboard Power Generation systems with Aura Systems technology.
- New conversion offerings for 2009 include CNG (Compressed Natural Gas) and electric hybrid drive systems for rear-wheel drive vehicles.
- With long-standing experience in strategic planning of many business sectors, we can assist in both planning and implementation of large projects such as major fleet conversions.